The NHF board has made changes to the financing over the last two years. We have reduced costs, for example, by changing our web host and payment solution. We have also been working to recruit more institutional sponsors for a more stable income stream. As of now, the following institutions and businesses provide important support:
– Institute of Marine Research
– Faculty of Biosciences, Fisheries and Economics at UiT – The Arctic University of Norway
– Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Bergen (new from 2017)
– Faculty of Biosciences and Aquaculture at Nord University (new from 2018)
– Department of Biosciences at the University of Oslo (new from 2018)
In sum, this means that the board has decided to drop the membership fee. It required a lot of work, was not paid by everyone and created extra work for members choosing to use project funding for the fee. We believe this simplification is more effective both for the board, members and their employers. Thus we hope we can deliver a good annual meeting and other activities that allow our institutional members to see the value of supporting us in the future.